Everywhere you turn, you hear terms like “green,” “eco-friendly,” “earth-friendly” or even “healthier living”. But what exactly does that mean, and how can you be sure it’s not just a marketing term?
For one thing, laminate gives the look of wood or stone, without any cutting or mining. Because it’s a photographic image, fewer raw materials are used in the process.
It’s also a hard surface, so dust, mites and other irritants can’t hide. They are out in plain sight, and all it takes to get rid of them is a sweep or damp mop.
A+ Floors 4U warns against getting taken by those promotions that offer ultra-cheap prices; if the cost is too low, quality is sure to be compromised. Rather, purchase a good quality laminate that is certified by NALFA (North American Laminate Flooring Association).
NALFA says this is what you need to know about laminate flooring:
● It’s constructed out of recycled natural materials.
● It can be recycled so it doesn’t end up in a landfill.
● It’s free of air chemicals and doesn’t adversely affect indoor air quality
● It follows the guidelines of formaldehyde emissions established by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
● It has some recycled content that may provide Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) points .
● It doesn’t need special glues or adhesives during installation; that eliminates harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which can harm indoor air quality.
Durability, Style And Kid-Friendly Are More Facts About Laminate Flooring
Did you know laminate flooring, Katy, TX, is a material often recommended if you have kids? That’s because it’s so durable and easy to clean. The surface is so scratch-resistant, so bring on those pull toys!
Because it’s so easy to clean, don’t worry about lipstick, crayons or markers, they’ll just wipe right off.
Of course, the environmentally-friendly aspect makes it ideal; even if your kid doesn’t have allergies, he or she will most likely spend a lot of time on the floor. You’ll have peace of mind knowing he or she isn’t sitting in dust or mites
And talk about style. You can get all kinds of wood look species or stone looks in various colors, patterns, textures. You can even get styles that look like gray wood floors, one of the hottest laminate flooring trends in 2018.
See it for yourself! Come into the A+ Floors 4U showroom in Katy, TX, and let our pros show you how great laminate can be.