It’s come a long way, baby!
Like anything, technology has advanced and caused laminate flooring to evolve, and that goes for you, homeowners in Katy, TX. It’s the perfect choice if you crave elegance and style, because you’ll get the look of natural materials, such as stone or hardwood, but without the big price tag.
Once you get it home, you can keep it looking its best for a long, long time, and A+ Floors 4U wants its customers to get the most out of their installation, so here’s what you need to know about laminate flooring.
Get Creative in Designing Your Floor
There are so many colors, patterns and textures from which to choose, that it’s easy to create your own style.
Longing for a wood floor? Right now, light floors are the hottest trend, and it’s expected to last for a while. So make 2018 the year you select a gray wood-look to be one of your laminate flooring trends.
It doesn’t matter if it’s light or dark gray, they’re all hot. Make it Shine (Literally and Figuratively!)
Yes, it’s one of the easiest types to keep clean and now that you have it, you want to keep it looking great.
We’ll tell you just how to do that by telling you just what you need to know about laminate flooring:
● Say “no” to the broom. That’s one of the more little-known facts about laminate flooring. That’s because a broom can leave particles behind which cause streaking or scratches. Use a dry mop instead. By the way, vacuums aren’t a great idea either, because their roller heads also scratch.
● Just use water! Yup, heard that right! If you must use a cleaner, choose one specifically for laminate, and it doesn’t need to be the most expensive, or maybe even use a homemade blend of ½ cup white wine vinegar to one gallon of water. Vinegar’s a natural disinfectant and won’t leave any chemical residue.
● Avoid Excess Water. While you’re at it, also avoid excess soap, since that can leave behind a residue and dull the floor.
● Rub to shine. Use a diaper or microfiber cloth to buff.
● Use mats. Shoe soles can become the enemy of any flooring, because dirt and sand can scratch.
Want to learn more? Visit A+ Floors 4U; our showroom is in Katy, TX.