One of the most attractive facts about laminate flooring is that it is extremely easy to care for. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't a few do's and Don'ts you'll need to pay attention to, for the proper maintenance of your new laminate floors.
Since laminate flooring is so popular in Katy, TX, A+ Floors 4U thought it might be a good idea to offer up this quick list of what you should and, more importantly, should not do, to care for this versatile floor covering option. Here's what you need to know about laminate flooring to keep it looking great for years to come.
• Wipe up any liquid spills as quickly as possible. Water can cause serious damage to your laminate flooring if it is allowed to sit for too long.
• Place waterproof mats under your pet's water dishes to protect your floors from standing water. Again, water and laminate don't play well together!
• Speaking of pets, do trim their nails to avoid physical wear on your floors. While this isn't much of an issue with smaller pets, thanks to the durable wear layers built into your laminate flooring, larger pets can gouge your floors if steps aren't taken to prevent it.
• Sweep or vacuum frequently to avoid gritty buildup, eroding the surface of your floors. If you use a vacuum, be sure to disengage the beater brush, because it can also erode your floor's surface.
• Never use a steam mop on your laminate flooring, because the excess heat and moisture can cause your floors to buckle. This can lead to some pretty hefty repair costs if you're not careful!
• Use a wet mop to clean your floor. Instead, use a damp mop, or a microfiber mop to do your deep cleaning. Once again, this comes down to the deleterious effects of water on your laminate flooring.
• Use wax or other products that claim to make your floor shine. These tend to leave a streaky residue that actually spoils the shine of your floors. It's also a good idea to avoid any cleaning products that you haven't verified by the manufacturer of your floors as safe for your flooring.
Are You Interested in Laminate Flooring?
If you are in the market for new floors and you'd like to see all of the hottest laminate flooring trends of 2018, call, email or stop by our A+ Floors 4U showroom in Katy, TX, to have a look around or arrange for your free consultation and estimate! Our staff of flooring and design experts would love nothing more than to help you find the perfect floors for your decor and budget!